Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In case you missed it...

I subscribe to the notmilk yahoo group, and receive individual emails for each posting that goes up on that group. This one strikes at the heart of what the Bush Administration is all about and what we can expect from any administration dedicated to the corporate bottom line rather than the interests and well being of the American people. This issue, in concert with the abysmal lack of concern for our physically and mentally damaged war fighters, makes my blood run cold.

Today The Bitch Will Lie

************ ********* ********* ********* ******
I have dictated today's Notmilk column to my daughter and thank her for doing her best to post this online. Forgive us for spelling and grammatical errors. - Robert
************ ********* ********* ********* ******
Today The N.J. Bitch Will Perjure Herself

My Notmilk columns are archived, and you should find interesting what I wrote in the days after 9/11/2001:

http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/notmilk

Today, Christie Whitman, breast cancer survivor, will play her role in keeping a president from being impeached. If she had the courage to tell the truth, her lie would lead on a straight path to the Oval Office. On that path, one can smell the cow feces used to fertilize the Rose Garden.

Her lie gave birth to the pre-mature deaths of thousands of rescue workers.

Today she falls on her sword.
Today she swallows her arsenic capsule.
Today she accepts blame so as to protect a president.
Or, maybe she twists facts and avoids justice.
She will not be the first to insulate the integrity of a nation's leader.
Her veil will be paper-thin so that the deceit will be exposed like the combined power of the most sophisticated x-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs. There is no need for a second opinion.

On September 13, 2001, just two days after the planes hit the World Trade Center Towers...just two days after my very dear college friend Linda Gronlund sat in seat 1A and died in a Pennsylvania field, I wrote this column:

ASBESTOS WARNING

To my friends in the New York area:

The World Trade Center was the last major construction job in the United States to use blow-on asbestos insulation.

Crocidolite asbestos fibers are carcinogenic.

If you reside in Manhattan, now might be the perfect time to let adversity become an excuse for a two-week New England vacation while professionals dispose of toxic asbestos fibers.

If you visit or live in Manhattan, use a face mask. Shower frequently, and after each exposure, send your clothing to adry cleaner.

The very next day, on September 14, 2001, I wrote:

Many of you live or visit New York City and continue to breathe the dust and fiber of mankind's worst evil.

Please exercise caution....

dust masks do not protect you from asbestos fibers. They are too small, you need a fullface respirator with hepa cartridges.. .Asbestos is dangerous because it is less than 0.3 microns and will go into the alveoli and form scar tissue...a dust mask does not stop those small particles.

When I posted these two columns I was not the director of the Department of Environmental Protection. It was not my business to be the expert on such issues, but nobody else was issuing such warnings. In my own small way, I had to be the one.

Shortly thereafter, I was punished with a series of tax audits. That is how whistle blowers are sometimes rewarded. What more can they do to me? Frankly, Scarlett..

The country that I grew up loving continues to lie to its people.The country that I continue to love needs some fixing. Some fine tuning. Millions of dollars in bribes continue to be paid tomen and women of power so that Americans are continuously betrayed.

For me, the issue has been milk. Lies, deception, bribes. I've named names and dates and circumstances over the years. Few have the courage (insanity) to continue to shove it in their faces. The miserable crooks. The betrayers. The Christie Whitmans of this world who sell out their ideals for dollars. She, the breast cancer survivor. What irony. It is only on rare occasions that I am angry enough to make such requests as the following. Let their ultimate fates be directly connected to those swords by which they live.

Robert Cohen
http://www.notmilk. com

No comments: