Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks

To my wonderful friends and once-in-a-blue-moon visitors, I would like to extend my sincere wishes that Thanksgiving Day and the rest of the holiday season are the best you have ever experienced.

This is the time of year we like to reach out to those less fortunate in an attempt to share the things we are thankful for. I hope you will concentrate on your local community first, because that is where we can best witness the results of our sharing.

I have made the commitment to purchase absolutely NO JUNK for Christmas gifts this year. If I am in a quandary about what is appropriate, I will opt to give a twenty dollar bill rather than a gift certificate, because I know that cash will be used where it will best serve the person receiving it.

I will absolutely NOT use a credit card to finance gift buying (as I have done so many times in the past), because the slippery slope is much steeper than it has ever been before, and it is very dark at the bottom. I would like to think that I have finally reached some level of fiscal maturity, and hope to be able to maintain that image in my mind.

Whatever your level of affluence or state of mind, I wish for you an abundance of Love and Friendship to lift you high enough to see my perpetual smile throughout this holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Merry Buddhamas, Merry Allahmas, Merry Candlemas, and any other choice of worship that may exist. The only thing that really matters is how you interact with your fellow human beings.

Blessed Be.

No comments: