Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Characteristics of Psychopath

I found this information at this place.

(Sociopath, Anti-social Personality Disorder)

This is a fascinating clinical list. I leave it to you to apply these elements to any politician or talk show host you choose.

Glibness/superficial charm.
Grandiose sense of self-worth.
Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Pathological lying
Conning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Shallow affect
Callous/lack of empathy
Parasitic lifestyle
Poor behavioral controls
Promiscuous sexual behavior
Early behavior problems
Lack of realistic, long-term plans
Impulsivity
Irresponsibility
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
Many short-term marital relationships
Juvenile delinquency
Revocation of conditional release
Criminal versatility (Hare, 1986)

Geoff Metcalf and I probably don't agree on a number of issues, but I urge you to visit his website and look around. Because I profess to be INDEPENDENT, I will give his views an honest opportunity to mix and match with mine. I am anxious to listen to one of his webcasts to get a better feel for how (or if) he paints the issues.

No comments: