Sunday, January 23, 2005

Better late than never

I spent a good portion of yesterday trying to figure out why my computer kept re-booting right after getting windows loaded, and my monitor wanted to show off like an old VGA in an 80286 system. Turns out that my video card driver was not up to date, and that was the fix.

After getting back on line late yesterday, I had that recurring daydream about having vast sums of money and how my computing life would change as a result. Since I haven't completely emerged from that state of mind, this horoscope seems like a quick bounce-back from the Universe:

GEMINI (May 21–June 20): In 1718, a top Lutheran official in Eisenach, Germany, sent a letter to the town administrators of nearby Ostheim-vor-der-Rhoen, mandating them to choose a new priest for the local congregation. Due to human error, the mail didn't arrive until 2004, too late to fulfill its function. I regard this as an apt metaphor for a scenario that will soon unfold in your life, Gemini. You too will finally receive a long-delayed delivery. Unlike the German message that was 286 years tardy, however, yours won't be completely useless. On the contrary, it might be curiously fresh. In the big picture, its seemingly belated arrival may even be perfect timing.

You can look at yours here.


I wonder what "not completely useless" might indicate.

No comments: